Friday, September 9, 2011

Pregnancy mumbling : Low placenta

Yesterday was my appointment to scan the baby. No, I don't know my baby's gender yet, it is only to determine how is my baby condition I think. To be honest, the moment I saw the baby's head, I feel such a relieve. It's been almost 4 months already and my stomach / tummy / belly still didn't get any bigger than before. Couldn't feel any movement neither. 
The only things that make me so sure I am pregnant and there's a baby in me are the fact that I missed my periods and the nausea and vomiting things. So, to see the head and there's a fetus's heart beat there, really make me feel something and I really couldn't explain the feeling.

After get the result, I took a look at the slip that they have given to me. I noticed about the placenta which is low and that is why I mumbling about low placenta. The nurse didn't explain anything to me and I don't have the heart to ask either since almost 10 people are already waiting in the room, beside the clinic is not really my place. Too bad the clinic that I used to go don't have scanner, that's why they sent me to this new clinic. 

Late at night, I asked my husband to Google about low placenta. Seeing the word 'low' is scaring me so much I guess, hehe. But, hubby told me there's nothing to worry as it is normal to have a low placenta at the beginning of pregnancy. Normally, it will increase according to your weeks of pregnancy. 

Well, you must be wondering why I worried so much about placenta. First of all, you have to know what placenta is. Placenta is an organ that connects the developing fetus to the uterine wall to allow nutrient uptake, waste elimination and gas exchange from your bloodstream. 

Never thought about it before but now, I can see how important placenta is to my pregnancy.  Couldn't wait for my next appointment, I really have to ask the nurse more about it. To read all the information in the internet about low placenta (also known as placenta previa) is so scary. Better ask the right person, right?


4 comments:

Just said...

about 5 mths baru buli rasa tu baby.. :) ba jgn fikir bnyk.. think positive.. :) nyway, selamat hari raya maaf zahir dan batin..

secangkir madu merah said...

sudah masuk 4 bulan,time flies so fast...

selamat hari raya Z...

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Belle, you just take it easy, ya.
Wishing you the very best of health, baby too.
And right now, you looking at your most beautiful. An expecting mother somehow looks more beautiful/
Have a great weekend.
Lee.

Kenny said...

U better check with doctor klu drg mmg diagnosed ko low placenta..uri ko di bawah bah tu maksud dia..and u hv to know what stage of placenta previa hv..usually klu awal pregnancy mngkin masi type 1 or type 2..but once ko type 2 pun kena hati2 jg..by the time if doctor diagnose ko PP type 3..ko mngkin akan kena suru tinggal di wad smpi ko beranak..it can cause bleeding..and beranak pun msti operate..bcoz the uri blocking the way out for the baby..

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...