Monday, September 12, 2011

Kota Marudu always in my heart

It's already been almost five months since I left my lovely hometown, Kota Marudu, but feels like years to me, hehe. Living in a big city is not really my style and never dream about it. But, when God want it that way, then it will be. As long as there's someone beside me, I know I can survive here, hehehe (like I live in a desert).
What I love most about Kota Marudu? well of course one of the reason is the price for food and seafood there cheaper than here. No wonder, everytime hubby went back to Sabah, he will always looking for food or seafood (now I know why, hehehe). 

There's a time when hubby brought 7 kg crabs in Kota Marudu. The price is cheaper than in his hometown (Kota Kinabalu). It's only RM7 per KG in my place. Very cheap, right? and I could get it cheapest  in my former workplace (only RM5 per KG), hahaha.

Fruits and vegetables also cheaper there. Even the salt fish also available in a big varieties. I once bought anchovies here, and it cost me RM17 per half KG, while in my place, RM17 is the price for 1 kg, uhuk uhuk. A vey big different there, and that's why Kota Marudu always in my heart. 

Cannot wait to get back to Sabah this coming December, hehe. By then, I know I have to watch what I eat. Hopefully, 'jeruk bambangan' is available at that time, because there's no way I can find it in here, hehe. I know hubby love 'jeruk bambangan' too, but he already stay here more than 10 years, he's been get used to it, unlike me.


7 comments:

Just said...

mahal kan makanan di sini... sdh la nda fresh.. hmm..

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Belle, I guess you a small town girl at heart. I too love small towns, but unfortunately due circumstances have to live in a city.
I have always loved the slow village kind of lifestyle where everybody knows your name.

I remember back in the early '80s on my trips to Sabah, Sarawak, I was surprised see the food prices....as well able to compare when in a week I will be in Sabah, then KL, then Singapore.
You have a nice day, Belle, have fun.
Lee.

lieyalatif said...

murahnye belle ketam harge tuuuu....kalo kat sini ade mcm tu, sure ari2 lieya borong ketam ...dah le peberet lieya ketam ni heheehehe

belle bile nak tunjuk pic belle...nak tgk tummy...sure dah nampak perut kan....anyway, enjoy the pregnancy okey...

kay masingan said...

ya ba belle..sini bandau semua murah2...:)

Sumandak Kinabalu said...

Tidak kira mana kita melangkah, kampung halaman juga yang jadi pujaan kan...

Ealddyanah ganing said...

sya rindu mau blik kg.. dmana sya d lahirkan....

Ealddyanah ganing said...

ow bandau sya rindu dah brtahun2 sya tdk smbut pesta jgung....

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...