Thursday, August 11, 2011

Transgender and transsexual

Been read so many comments and story in the news about the transgender and transsexual and I know I don't have the right to make any comment on these matter as I am not an expert in religion, in fact I don't even know how to read in Jawi or Arab. I also don't have any siblings or relatives who facing this problem, but I do have some friends who facing with this problem. You can read my old post about them in my post entitled : Thank you to my best friend.
Let's start by the meaning of that two words. Transgender means appearing as, wishing to be considered as or having undergone surgery to become a member of the opposite sex while transsexual means one who wishes to be considered by society as a member of the opposite sex or one who has undergone a sex change.

Well, in my best friends case, they only appear as a woman in certain things like the way that they walk, talk or eating while in clothing, they still look like a man. You might think that they are 'lelaki lembut' and still able to marry a woman, but no. They don't have any heart or feeling towards woman and that is why I feel safe with them.

I still remember when Hamid @ Hamidah told me '' I know something inside me want to get out, but not getting married while I have the ability to is a big sin already, I don't want to add it with any stupid action like undergoing a sex change or take a hormone pill like my other friends. I don't want to lie to myself by getting married to stop the bad talking from the old folks while in fact, I don't have any feeling towards woman. I am willing to live like this until the end of my life but getting my sex change is a big no as I don't want my body and soul rejected (tidak diterima bumi) when I died.''

He also once told me ''no matter how beautiful we are and no matter how ugly women are  but nobody can change the fact that we still cannot get pregnant. That is why I never feel jealous when the boy that I like has girlfriend. But I do feel jealous when the boy choose another transgender like me''.

Just sharing what my friend said. I'm glad though that he still hold his religion tightly and not following his emotion only. May God bless  his life, :D

18 comments:

kay masingan said...

orang2 (lelaki lembut) biasanya lebih memahami perempuan kan Belle, saya ada juga kawan begitu waktu di sekolah menengah...kita tidak akan rasa kekok berrgaul dengan dorang...

floyd said...

It's a very unfortunate situation he's in, isn't it? My personal view is that this feeling of wanting to be in another gender's shoe should not happen. But, how it happen and why there are such situations is beyond me and i haven't actually hear a story of a transgender firsthand. All are second hand info. Thanks for sharing.

zulkbo said...

salam..
ermm..simpati dengan golongan ini
dan saya pun ada berkawan dengan mereka
apa pun semoga mereka kembali ke pangkal
jalan berubah selepas berfikir..

cemomoi said...

insyaallah, harap ada penyelesaian untuk mereka. Allah Maha Mengetahui, dan setiap yang berlaku hikmahnya kita kena cari...

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Belle, this is I would say a fairly sensitive issue where some people are concerned....
And yes, it happens, to either party.
Here in Canada and US very common.....with laws to protect them.
Have a nice day, Lee.

StellaClaire-Richard said...

GOD creation cannot be changed. kalau suda lelaki jgn la p tukar jadi perempuan..

gadisBunga said...

may allah bless him. :)

Aemy Shamy said...

I feel touched by reading his confession...yeah, not all people with that type are bad...they have reason, & they're still aware..I never think they're wrong or crazy...it's how they live and we don't have the rights to judge, right. and i find it's interesting to befriends with them, they're much more friendly and understanding :)

Zezebel Lair said...

Betul tu Kay, :D

Zezebel Lair said...

Welcome Floyd, :D

Zezebel Lair said...

Salam,
Mudah-mudahan Zulkbo, :D

Zezebel Lair said...

Harap macam tu lah Cemomoi..

Zezebel Lair said...

ThankS for coming by uncle Lee, :D

Zezebel Lair said...

Betul tu Stella, saya sokong, hehehe

Zezebel Lair said...

GB,
I also wish the same for him, :D

Zezebel Lair said...

Thanks Aemy, :D

curio said...

good he understands his religion and strives to be an obedient servant. HIS rewards are for HIS faithful servants. just wondering, if he tries to marry a woman even though he has no feelings for woman, could this be an effort on his part to live as a man. Environment can help mould and change a person. pray that ALLAH will help change his heart and makes it easier for him to live as a man.

Ana said...

Transgenders suffer a lot. They are murdered by people who hate them and many commit suicide because they are not considered as human beings and are treated like non humans.
I talked to a transgender woman because I also didn't know what was it like to be in their shoes. I believe that this is the best way to understand.
The conversation is at this post:
http://hellaheaven-ana.blogspot.com/2011/05/transgenders-awareness-campaign-talking.html
Hope it helps. I cried a lot with her but I'm planning to talk to other transgenders.

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...