Friday, July 22, 2011

Folic acid and pregnancy

When I made the post being pregnant, a blogger named Lieya Latif commented about taking lots of folic acid and milk. Thus make me wonder what is the benefit  of  folic acid to pregnant woman and where can I get it?
Folic acid according to the book that I read, also called folate is a B vitamin (B9) which can be found mostly in leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach, orange juice and enriched grains.

Surfing the web about folic acid is somewhat interesting for me. Turn out that this acid is not only recommended for pregnant woman but also to those who want to get pregnant. This vitamin is needed to make a new cells in our body. Pregnant woman need lots of this vitamin to make sure that the baby is developing well.

Now you know a little about this vitamin, but where can you get this? Especially if you are not really into leafy green vegetables like me, hehehe. Well, you can always buy folic acid tablets from pharmacies. As for me, I get it from the milk that I drink twice a day and also from my multivitamin.

As soon as we know that I am pregnant, hubby bought me the Enfamama A+ milk and Anmum Materna. I am not a fan of milk, so you can imagine how hard for me to drink the milk, but I accidently saw the words 'Acid folic'  on the milk can on one sweet evening and that is where I take the milk seriously now, not skipping it anymore, hehehe. Will talk about it in my next post. See you later, :).


11 comments:

StellaClaire-Richard said...

Zezebel,
itu folid acid penting tu for pertumbuhan baby, and tulang belakang baby.. And utk kasi kuat womb ko juga, supaya dapat elak dari miscarriage.. Therefore, kalau ko pegi review di hospital, spatutnya wajib ko kena bagi acid folic tu. Doctor mmg slu akan bagi acid folic.

Selain itu, bukan acid folic saja penting, iron pun penting juga utk tambah darah. Since saya bukan jenis minum susu, so saya tidak minum tu enfamama or anmum. Saya just mkn supplement. Acid folic saya minta dari klinik, and multivitamin utk ibu mengandung yg nama dia "Obimin" sya beli di farmasi.

Mus said...

mungkin Obimin juga baik sebagai supplement semasa hamil

Norhafizza Mimi said...

I want to ask ni, when should i start to drink the Anmum ? or the acid folic thing? hehehe...

Zezebel Lair said...

Norhafizza Mimi,
Belum mengandung @ baru mau merancang untuk mengandung pun digalakkan juga minum susu anmum tu. Kalau kau sudah sah pregnant karang, terus amalkan minum susu khas utk ibu mengandung la...penting tu terutamanya di peringkat awal kandungan.

Norhafizza Mimi said...

hehehe..Thank u Miss Zezebel

Folic Acid said...

Folic acid supplements are better then nothing but it's far better to get folic acid from real food.

Thanks

Zezebel Lair said...

Thanks for sharing it Stella, :D

Zezebel Lair said...

Yeke mus?bpleh d cuba juga tu..

Zezebel Lair said...

Welcome Norhafiza, :D

Zezebel Lair said...

Thanks for sharing it here Folic acid, :D

Folic Acid for Pregnancy said...

Folic acid is crucial for pregnant women and women who are planning to conceive; it may reduce neural tube defects in the developing fetus.

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...