Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The advantages of blogging in English

Well, hopefully I am not creating any controversy with this post. I know some people don't like me for blogging in English. But, how else can I improve my language? I cannot see the other easier and cheaper way to improve it. 

As you can see here, there are so much mistakes in my writing especially my grammar. But, just by reading english papers or books are not enough for me. I have to make some exercise too, but I am too old to be in school anymore, so blogging is another choice to do it. Aw, I am sure most of you ever heard the saying 'practice makes perfect' right? 

After more than a year in this blogging world, I can see some of the advantages of blogging in English and Malay. By blogging in english, my visitors are not only from Malaysia, but also from United States, Philippines, United Kingdom, and many more. Some of them even leave their comments in my blog. 
At first, I was so afraid to comment to their blog again because their  language is better than mine, but now, I just ignored that feeling and getting used to it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that blogging in Malay cannot attract visitors from other country, I also have three blogs in Malay. 

If the contents of your blogs are good, I am pretty sure people will find a way in trying to understand it, and the last choice is by translating it using google translate.

My hubby also doing his personal blog in english and his adsense is doing so well. Since the paid is in dollar, so I think blogging in english is an advantage for those who have adsense. But, blogging in this foreign language also have its  own disadvantage which is Malay bloggers are afraid to come and give their comments. It is mostly because they are afraid that I do not understand Malay or they don't understand of what am I talking about.

Auw... we are Malaysian, so don't worry, I know how to speak Malay and I speak Sabahan even more better, :D. I enjoy reading some of my regular commentator like Zik and akubiomed. They used to give their comments in Malay, but now, they tried their best to comment in English, hehehe.


20 comments:

Zik said...

wow US is the second sources traffic... yes , it the advantages using english ... actually want to improve ,little bit in comment English section...

zulkbo said...

salam..
me too
i try may best
:)

zulkbo said...

i speak english everyday
but my writing in english
consider poor..
:(

Zezebel said...

You can improve more, all it takes is a little courage, :D

Zezebel said...

Salam Zulkbo,
Good luck, :D

Zezebel said...

Zulkbo,
As long as we can understand it, it should be enough. I don't speak english at home so writing is the only way to improve mine.

Isabel said...

writing is the best practice to improve our english bah actually. I write most of the time in english, tapi kalau malas, pkai sabahan malay terus. keep writing in english ya:)

NLD said...

It's not on what language your blog is written, but how heartily you expressed your thoughts on it. ;') So then I am a silent follower of yours.

CathJ said...

*like* :)

BLOG DO PROFEX said...

Blog di Malaysia! Undang-undang. Saya berikut. Menggunakan penterjemah Google untuk komen,Zezebel, ha ha. Maaf, tetapi saya mahu melakukannya. Saya menyukainya. Saya meninggalkan memeluk besar!

Zezebel said...

Isabel, I cannot simply mix my blog with other language like you, huhuh...

Zezebel said...

NLD,
Thank you. Love your blog too, enjoyed reading it, :D

Zezebel said...

CathJ,
Thanks dear, :D

Zezebel said...

BLOG DO PROFEX,
Hahaha, using google translate to leave a comment?

de engineur said...

You've nailed it there, Zezebel. Explained in plain English, easy to digest and I think yours is a very good testimony of "you'll achieve things you put effort on"

Zezebel said...

de engineur,
Thank you, :D.

kay masingan said...

belle, don't worry too much about ur english. Still better than mine, just this year i started writing in english. Well, u can see my grammatical error here and there. but, i think i gain some improvement so far..keep on blogging in english..have plan in my mind to set up another blog - english writing blog..buli ka tu? heheh

How to Stop Heartburn said...

Blogging might not make you money directly, unless you run ads on the blog (which is a bad idea anyway), but it can definitely lead to opportunities that will make you money in the long run. Blogging is a great way to prove that you "know your stuff" and can be considered a trusted resource of information. It takes time, but this often opens doors to new business relationships that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Chibi Maruko said...

tak cakap bahasa melayu di rumah, hanya menggunakan bahasa french atau english sahaja, jadi menulis blog dengan bahasa melayu.. jadi seperti berbahasa 3 bahasa berlainan setiap hari...

Wency Jelson said...

sa pun x jg terer english..tp mau jg tls dlm english..same reason, sa mau bljr..hehe

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...