Wednesday, May 25, 2011

SMK Telaga Pitas

I never told you about my workplace before, but since I already moved to other place, I decided  to make a special post about it. SMK Telaga Pitas, that was the name of my working place, which is take almost two  hours  to reach from Kota Marudu, and four hours from Kota Kinabalu, is  really a very big and beautiful school. The student is not even reaching 400. The are only 44 staff including the big boss. Despite being the biggest and beautiful school in Pitas District, the staff and student are living without clean water and electricity. At least we have a genset and our own smelly water..huhu.
Our own smelly water
I still remember two years ago,come the rainy season, we cannot go to our workplace by car. We have to go there by boat, and to walk on a muddy road bare foot. Than, we become more clever and  bought a rubber boot, hehe. The road now is much better as we still can access it by car even on a rainy season.
Stuck in the muddy road.
Our green lorry lost control, went direct to the ditch.
 Lots of staff want to be in our workplace because of the rural  allowance. Our workplace is categorized as rural two which make us qualify to get RM1,000.00 as a rural allowance. But, once you get there, its harder for you to get out. Female staff is very just 1/3 of the staff, other women are not brave enough to work there, hehe. Guess they do not like adventure, (^.^).

Even in that condition, we still success in handling sports at district level. The  only problem is, the staff from the other school are not willing to stay longer in our school because of the electricity and water problem, and also, its hard to get a phone line there, hehe. Tell you a secret, the better place to get a line there is by putting your phone by the window.

Come the fasting month, even my workplace is far away from Pitas Town, (you need at least an hours to get there) but we still have our own bazaar. Some of the staff will  sell food in front of their house and mind you, theirs taste better than the one that I bought from the other bazaar, hehe. Ahh, I know, no matter how tasty is is, you can never go there to buy it, hehe.

Some bitter sweet memories while I was there are :

1. There was a time when all the staff there including me, have to eat eggs for a week because we ran out of food supplies. The road cannot be used and the strong waves wouldn't allowed us to go anywhere.
2. Being one of the unmarried staff made me one of the most getting harassment from my male colleagues. But I never consider them as a serious matter unless they touch me or saying something that makes me uncomfortable being around them or to be left alone with them. 

3. There's a staff who also happen to have an epilepsy seizure had a crush on me, that was scary, haha. I was getting mad every time they mentioned his name in front of me. I guess seeing me getting angry was an enjoyable moment for some of my male colleagues (I just knew this, as one of the staff say that he like to make me angry because even if I get angry, I still be able to laugh). But its all stop when I got  engaged, hehe.

4. A month before I left my workplace, we were living in the dark. There was a problem with our genset, and we were in darkness not just for a day, but for a month. I don't know if the situation is already back to normal now, but what I do know is when the genset cannot operate, so does our water pump, so there are no water supply too. Imagine how hard it is to do your business in the toilet when  you have to fill up your bucket first, haha.

5. We drink mineral water, never have the heart to drink our own smelly water, hehe. Every time we went to Kota Marudu, we will buy at least two box of mineral water.

6. The small amount of staff make us closer to each other. I, myself have build a new friendship there. I  befriend with everybody,  even with the cleaners. They were so nice to me, I remember, there's a time when I  asked one of the cleaner to cook for me, haha. The next day, they really brought food to the office,  even our boss was surprised when he  found out about it, haha. In a big  event, we definitely will make sure that it will success, no matter how hard it is. Some staff were naughty, some are lazy but that kind of staff is exist everywhere, right? 

There's a  lot of things that I want to share about SMK Telaga, but I think what I am sharing now is more than enough. I have seen many people complained about their workplace, about their problem, but that's the way it is. Every problem  is a challenge, without it, our life will be boring. Just enjoy it and you will not feel is as a burden on the shoulder.
Some people said what we faced in SMK Telaga is worth the rural allowance. Come to Telaga, and stay for a month. You will know that even the allowance have been up to RM1,500.00, is still not enough and well, did I mention that your brand new car will sound like an old car while  in Telaga?

To some of my colleagues who I know will read this, especially Marcus Khoo, I know all of you will gonna miss me so much, haha. Trust me, I do miss some of you too (not all of them deserve being miss by me, hehe). When you see food, I am sure most of you will remember me ... (^.^). Wish me luck for my new life everyone.

48 comments:

Ismail N said...

This place got so many org susah ehhh... There's plenty of work needed to develop this place but the most important of all is education. I heard many kids don't go to school and houses alamak mcm mahu tumbang jer. When my wife still with Bernas, they identified Pitas as one the area that have many poor hardcores. So once a while they went there and sent some rice for them. I hope they still continue doing that. I really kesian for folks living there but the great thing is that they still managed to produced few amazing people like you.

Zezebel said...

Ismail, nowadays, almost 90% of them pergi sekolah dah. Tapi sedih juga when some of them terutama yang dari kepulauan tu cuma datang sekolah bila duit kwamp atau biasiswa masuk. Membaca pun tak tahu....Houses macam nak tumbang masih banyak along the way to my workplace. Kalau tengok pendapatan keluarga student pun, rasa macam susah nak percaya dengan pendapatan keluarga sebanyak RM50 and anak pula ramai...Female student pula ada yang tak abis SPM, dah berhenti sekolah sebab nak kawin....

Firaun NgebLoG said...

berkunjung menemui bunda....
mau nagih janji nich,
mana pesanan saya bunda?... :p

Anif® said...

Wow.. Life is tough there! But I'm quite sure you'll become stronger person inside out.

Just said...

i don't think i am willing to go to the rural areas n that is why i didn't apply for KPLI.. sbb takut kena hntr p pedalaman... huhuhu.. nyway, u are tough to be able to stay there. :D

Djangan Pakies said...

assalamu'alaikum sodariku,
salam silaturrahim
sekolah yang sangat besar dan bagus.
itu jalan kok sangat parah ya, pasti susah melewatinya apalagi kalo musim hujan.
ijin follow

Ali ridha said...

jalan kampung senang nak tenggelamkan lori.

beaty said...

doi kesian juga ni kan z..sa tau kalau area KM kan memang mcm ni juga kan.. D ranau pun ada juga mcm ni.

memag masalah kalau mcm in z..entah bila la akan berubah semua ini

Zezebel said...

Terima kasih atas kunjungannya Argun, (^.^)

Zezebel said...

Anif, agree with you, ^^.

Zezebel said...

Just, bulan pertama disana, saya rasa macam mau pulang dan berhenti kerja ja..tidak tahan tiada line and kena menapak, meredah lumpur..haha tapi lama-lama, ok sudah...bangga juga saya sebab tetap tabah keluar masuk telaga tiap minggu..hehe

Zezebel said...

Djangan Pakies, sekolahnya bagus dan memang cantik, cuma dalam kategori pedalaman. Jalan susah untuk dibuat sebab kawasan berbukit...

Zezebel said...

Ali ridha,
Betul tu, seksa je rasanya..hehe

Zezebel said...

Beaty,
Tidak mustahil juga tu di KM pun ada juga...hehe..

en_me said...

susah kanns.. uhuhu

Kay Masingan said...

ui susah juga di sikul kamu ni..tapi di sikul abang saya mengajar pun susah juga jalannya, SK tagibang. cuma di sna akan ok la sbb ada solar n air bersih dari atas bukit. cousin saya di SK Magandai pun selalu komplen pasal jalan juga..

Zezebel said...

Susah sangat lah en_me, huhu tapi seronok juga..hehe

Zezebel said...

Kay, ya, sk tagibang lagi lah rock..hahaha terletak di kota marudu tapi kena pusing dari ranau untuk pi di sana...

decrewz said...

Kerajaan patut ambil port nih.. Tengok jalan pun dah tau keadaanya cemna kan.. Tapi yang tinggal disini dan hari2 guna jalan ni je tau macamna susahnya..

SHUDAI AJLANI (dot) COM said...

wah jalannya parah banget tuh sob ckck

Jolly Princess said...

We do have same problem in some of rural areas in the Philippines. I mean some places in our provincial areas. I do hope your post would catch the attention of the proper authorities.

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Zezebel, looks like an interesting place to work, plus the extra money....can save as no other entertainment.
But I wonder how they can built a school without proper facilities?
Somebody must be sleeping somewhere.

Good for you being adventurous.
Wishing you the very best....
I bet lots of mosquitos?
Lee.

cooking varieties said...

Hi zezebel, I followed you thru my blog and hey presto, I got to read your workplace drama.. may be at that time all those problems made life very hectic, but recalling those now, they seem like great experiences memorable to you. With that rural allowance and cost of living far lower than in kl, I am sure all of you saved a lot. Blessings behind all the miseries.

suri said...

kalu tenggelam kena beramai2 membantunya...

MJ said...

parah kalau mana2 cikgu kena sini

♥e'in♥ said...

dh keje kt tmpt bwu ke?

akubiomed said...

Something to be miss about your workplace. In spite all hardship make you more strong.

Faza Aloha said...

when i read ur post..
one thing in my mind
" bersyukur aper yg saya milki di sini"

CikSembang said...

saya juga spt faza aloha.. bersyukur gn apa yg sy ada..sabarlah orang2 smk telaga pitas

Siti Nurhayati Dollah said...

Sangat kagum dengan semangat pelajar, guru-guru dan kakitangan di sana. Sangat sabar dan tabah.

saiful said...

pity for the green lorry..how it get out? ramai-ramai tolong kah?

Zezebel said...

decrewz,
Tu la pasal. Ni tidak, dekat nak PRU baru nak ambik tahu...

Zezebel said...

SHUDAI AJLANI (dot) COM,
Ya, teruk sangat kan jalan tu.

Zezebel said...

Jolly,
I certainly hoping for it.

Zezebel said...

Uncle Lee,
I think so too. They like to play the 'lepas tangan' game, hehe

Zezebel said...

cooking varieties,
The problem is once we went to town, we spent all the extra money, haha..

Zezebel said...

Suri,
Itu memang satu kelaziman di sana hehe

Zezebel said...

MJ,
Tak adalah parah sangat, banyak kita boleh belajar pasal hidup dekat sini.

Zezebel said...

♥e'in♥
Ya, macam tu lah kira-kiranya hehe

Zezebel said...

akubiomed,
That's so true.

Zezebel said...

Faza Aloha,
Ramai yang suka bersungut dengan masalah mereka, sedangkan orang lain ada yang lebih susah lagi kan? Apa-apapun. kita kena bersyukur dengan apa yang kita ada...

Zezebel said...

CikSembang ,
Semoga keadaan disana akan bertambah baik kan?

Zezebel said...

saiful
Kalau lori minyak tu sangkut, biasanya pihak sekolah akan upah kenderaan khas dari kilang balak yang berdekatan dengan sekolah untuk tarik lori tu, sekali tarik, habis RM1500.00, huhuhu...

Zezebel said...

Siti Nurhayati Dollah,
Harap-harap keadaan akan bertambah baik disana kan Siti?

ahmad said...

enjoyment that's wat u get workin' in pitas..simplicity is the name of the game back there..wil remember this place when i'm leavin' out someday. Tima kasih.

Zezebel said...

Ahmad,
:D. I guess you are working in the same place as I do...

Anonymous said...

..haha....great sharing ,,...TerIma KasiH Cikgu...I had school there before, n my life story there become no 1 grate memory.hahaha..miss the school so muchhhh..

Anonymous said...

if you a good teacher. you will accept anywhere they place you.Without complaining .because you job to teach & help people. Do you work with honest.

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...