Sunday, November 7, 2010

They're not Sabah oldest twins.

If you're looking at this post pictures, no.., they're not Sabah oldest twins. I know, I post about the worlds oldest twins last Friday but this has nothing to do with that. These are  pictures of my grandmother with her cousin who recently reunited again after have not meet for a very long time.My grandmother is the one wearing that green dress, her name is Duyah binti Singking. She was born on 4th October 1940 (in her identity card). Her best friends and also her cousin is the one who always come to my mother rice stall and always asked if she can meet my grandma, her name is Tayu binti Agui. My grandmother had a dementia and we don't normally bring her to mom stall. We afraid if we were busy, we forget about her and she maybe will be wandering around by herself.
One day, my sister Ann want to bring my little sister and brother to the park. She go back home in the afternoon to get Manja and Atan. While waiting for them to get ready, my grandmother asked Ann if she can come along. She want to meet Ann's husband and children; Ann is not married yet by the way. My grandmother always think Ann is the eldest and married with two children. Remember about the request of grandmother Tayu, Ann bring her along to mom rice stall and told grandmother Tayu son that my grandmother is at the rice stall.

10 minutes later, grandmother Tayu come with her granddaughter. Two of them shake hands and hug each other, while me and my mother busy taking pictures of them. Hehehehehe.... Grandmother Tayu still remember many thing compare with my grandmother. She told us how she and my grandmother are at the same year of birth, my grandma only a few months older. One thing in Sabah, the age on the identity card is normally not correct for old person because they normally late to register on the old days because of the transportation problem during that time.
Grandma Tayu told us that both of them are neighbours. When both of them got into quarrel, my grandma will always won them since she will put chili on her hands. Hahahahaha.... I don't know my grandma will be that wicked. Grandma Tayu also told us how my grandma is an expert in Magandak dance, traditional dances for Kimaragang tribe. No wonder I saw so many time my grandmother dancing alone, maybe she recalls the good old days. They talked for only about half an hour. I want to asked so many thing but don't have a chance. One of the question in my mind, why my grandmother always told us don't go to the wood because they're cannibal people in there. Is it true? Look like I need to keep that question to myself until I meet grandma Tayu again.

Chayo-chayo....

47 comments:

Fuziani JSR said...

nice story bah... butul urang dulu2 suka bercerita dan kisah yg diceritakan selalu menarik... bila tingu tu pic, teringat sia punya nenek...

kak Erna said...

zezebel..he he..boleh letak cili kat tangan tu..pandai dia kan..

Zezebel said...

Fuziani JSR : Itu lah mau korek cerita tu, tapi kalau nenek saya, lain saya tanya, lain dia jawab, give up saya lama-lama...haha

Zezebel said...

kak Erna: Haha, bukan pandai namanya tu, tapi jahat..haha...

Miz CanisTaL said...

wow.. such an interesting story.. siok kan dgr cerita urang lama2 ni.. sedih oo sy teda datuk & nenek sdh yg buli kasi cerita psl dulu2.. ba nti klu ko jumpa tu nenek sdara ko, jng lupa tnya psl tu cannibal aa.. ee.. nda sbr oo mo tau tu ceta.. hehe

Zezebel said...

Miz CanisTaL : Itu la tu saya mau tanya, sebab dorang dulu tinggal di kampung-kampung, mungkin ada cerita di sebab pesanan "ada orang makan orang" nenek saya tu kan?

*MrsMartinez* said...

Your grandma looks so happy in the pictures!
xoxo
MrsM

Syida Shukor said...

mungkin dia tak nak kamu terkena bahaya dalam hutan hehe

en_me said...

nice story bahh.. they must be pretty when they were young..

Mrs Graig_Kenny said...

wahhh..i've never thought of that 'wicked' form of torture to win over a quarell..but, ur grandma rocks!! lols

Zikri Husaini said...

wah .. orang dulu canibal...sekarang jugak ke??

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Belle, you sure got one very interesting grandmother.
And what you mentioned re their ages not accurate on their IC cards because of transport and distance....that I can understand as those days transport not as the present.

I enjoyed reading this posting.
Very fascinating about where you are.
Sabah and Sarawak always fascinates me.
Have a beautiful Sunday, Lee.

Zezebel said...

*MrsMartinez* : I bet she was.She never met her cousin after got married, :)

Zezebel said...

Syida : Haha, mungkin la kot. Tapi sekarang manaada hutan macam dulu..

Zezebel said...

en_me : Haha, mungkin la kan?

Zezebel said...

Mrs Graig_Kenny: Yea, she rocks, haha

Zezebel said...

Zikri Husaini : Sekarang tak de dah. Yang nenek cakap canibal tu pun belum dapat di sahkan kesahihannya lagi hehe

ChaLie IbraHim said...

hye......sabahan.....homesick ni tgk blog org sabah T_T thanx singgah blog sy

Zezebel said...

Thank you Uncle Lee, you have a nice weekend too ya, :)

Zezebel said...

ChaLie IbraHim : Sama-sama. Thanks sebab datang melawat balik hehe

Amirrah Zawani said...

hye.. visiting here...
looking at those pictures make me miss my granma... :(

cemomoi said...

takde ke yang nak warisi tarian tu, nanti hilang plak ditelan zaman

Zezebel said...

Amirrah.
Kalau dapat kol, cuba la kol bertanya kabar.
Macam nenek saya ni, memang tak boleh nak kol, nanti lain pulak dicakapnya.

Zezebel said...

cemomoi.
Masih ada lagi tarian tu. Cuma kami ni cucunya memang tak dapat dah belajar dengan dia. Dia dah ingat-ingat lupa dah ni.

Ismail N said...

Wah, gambar jejak kasih la nih.. :D

Zezebel said...

Encik Ismail.
Lebih kurang lah ni. Hehehehehe....

etomyam said...

seronok kalau dapat dengar cerita dari org2 tua ni, mesti best dan bantu mereka kenang kembali memori silam

Sir Marcello said...

kimaragang tribe? ape tue?? tak pernah dengar...

Didzy said...

This is a very interesting story indeed. It is always fun to hear those good old days from them. I really miss my grandma...:(

lina said...

Yea, always fun hearing stories from our elder relatives kan? They give an insight of how they were when they were much much younger. :)

chugie said...

Hi there.. am BW here!

gadisBunga said...

very nice story....

i love to see couple of old people walk together or have chit chat together. they look super duper cute!

;)

Zezebel said...

Etomyam : tu la. Banyak cerita yang dapat di korek hehe

Zezebel said...

Sir Marcello: Suku kaum Kimaragang ni ada ni Kota Marudu saja, terutamanya di sebelah Tandek, :)

Zezebel said...

Didz : Sob sob, don't be sad. Come here, let me hug you, *hug* hehe, :)

Zezebel said...

Lina : yea. I was like 'whoaa, really?' when I heard what they were talking about..hehe.

Zezebel said...

Chugie : Thanks for stopping by, :)

Zezebel said...

GB : Thank you. I love to watch an old couple, walking and holding each other hand, auw...so sweet...hehe..

Dempsey Sanders said...

loved reading this story. So cute too

Just said...

Baru kemarin my FIL sharing stories mcmana dia dpt kawin sama my MIL. Heheheh..

MASA said...

jangan masuk hutan tu kata nenek, nanti tak dapat blogging lagi macamana?

Sumandak Kinabalu said...

It is always fun to mingle with the oldest because they have so many great stories from the past...

Zezebel said...

Thank you Dempsey, :).

Zezebel said...

Just, syok la tu kan dengar cerita dorang masa muda-muda, haha..

Zezebel said...

Masa : Haha, saya kerja dalam hutan tapi masih dapat berblogging ni, hehe

Zezebel said...

Mandak, yup, by hearing their story will make us, the new generation, realize just how lucky we are..

beanizer_05 said...

cannibals?? *gulp*

*covering eyes*

hellow granma!! will you teach me how to dance Magandak?

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...