I am not an expert but I see many of my Facebook friends are mourning everyday about their break up. Everyone like to put in their status on how much they missed their ex. Today, i want to share with everyone on "how to forget your ex in just one week". As long as you follow all this guidelines, I don't think you will remember about him/her ever again. This is just a help to all my Facebook friends who recently have a break up though. I am not an expert, some of my advice maybe will not suitable for someone. Feel free to add or comment about this list.
How to forget your ex in one week guidelines:
- Motivate yourself everyday. Try to motivate yourself everyday by saying "you need to move on with your life". Do it before you go to sleep and at the early hour in the morning. Break up will normally bring your mood down. You need to motivate yourself to bring the good feeling in you again.
- Don't be alone. Go out with all your best friends and do something that can keep your mind occupied and lighten your mood. Please make sure you don't talk about your ex. If any of your friends asked about him/her, just say you don't want to talk about it and just want to have some fun with your friends.
- Please don't try to sms, call, chat or even look at his/her Facebook (or any social media) account. Be brave. When its already a break up, you need to make sure you can move on with your life. Any contact with him/her will only make you regret for what happen. It will feel weird at first since you normally spent almost your entire day together. Suddenly you're alone with no one to text, chat or call. But you need to accept that it is over.
- Try list down all the bad/negative thing about your boyfriend/girlfriend. The list will help you forget about him/her well doing. Its not easy but you will try to forget the pain faster then the fun, right? If this will make you remember about him/her more, please skip this one. We try to forget not try to remember.
- No "just good friends" relationship. Unless both of you already accept that break up and can understand that you two are only friends now. Wait at least one year for "just good friends" or until both of you already had a new relationship.
- Put away all the gift he/she ever give to you. Looking at the gift will make you remember every good memories with him/her. Put them in a box or somewhere that you cannot easily see. Return them to him/her as soon as possible is always the best solution.
- Erase all his contact from your phone, your books, email address and your social network account (Facebook, Twitter, Myspace etc). Make sure you also delete all his/her email and sms that you received and sent to him/her. Just make sure you really cannot find any contact about him at all, as soon as possible.
- Be active. Don't just sit on your couch watching Movies/TV or online in Facebook, mourning about your lost. Its not the end of the world. Try do something that you cannot do when you're in your relationship with your ex. Get out of the house and try have some fun. Staying in the house alone will only help you remember more about your ex.
- Find a new boyfriend/girlfriend as soon as possible. Its not easy but that is the fast solution. Just remember to tell your new boyfriend/girlfriend you just had a break up. It maybe will help them understand about your mood at the moment. But please, don't compare your new one with your ex. Just have a nice time with your new boyfriend/girlfriend. If the activity involve something that will make you remember about your ex, please do tell. But no talking about your ex.
Just follow all this list and try to be strong. Break up doesn't means it is the end of life but what it's really means is that it is a start of a new life.