Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ramadhan this year 2010

To all my Muslim friends,what Ramadhan this year 2010 meant for you? We only have a few days left of the fasting days. For me, this is the second year I am fasting as Muslim. I had been fasting for over 11 years before this. I think it is normal for most Sabahan follow our Muslim friends fasting. Especially if you are the only Christian among the friends. It is not just a sense of respect to Muslim friends but also a way to gain a good health. One of the benefits of fasting for health and beauty for me is that it can help me slim and toned shape my body. Without the need to loose thousands of ringgit on diet supplements. Hehehehehe....
I only go to Bazaar Ramadhan twice this year. I rarely go to bazaar because I only going back to Kota Marudu on weekends. I more prefer on a home cooked meals. I think that it will be more healthier cooking your own meal instead of buying since you do not know what other people put in their cooking. In Sabah, I don't think there are any special local foods for Ramadhan bazaar. The only thing I notice is there will be many Peninsular Malaysia foods coming out during ramadhan. Taste wise, I don't think the taste is the same as what i had been eat when I visit Peninsular Malaysia. Still people from all ages, races and religions will be going out and have a chance to buy a Ramadhan food.

This is the first year I eat kurma or dates for break fast, normally I just drink water. This year, I eat at least a piece of kurma since I knew that eating dates for break fast is sunnah of the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. I buy one box of dates (I forgot the name and the brand) for my break fast. Before this, I don't eat any kurma at all because I don't like it taste. Kurma also good for health since one piece of it is enough for your nutritional supplements.

How's your Ramadhan this year 2010? Any of you my non Muslim friends try fasting before? What is it feel for you?

Chayo-chayo....


39 comments:

RE - Pod313 Tech Tips said...

you are right fasting is very good for the body in moderation. I hope that you are getting proper water and vitamin and minerals each day. may your ramadhan be blessed. thank you for hosting my ec ad today.

lina said...

Ramadhan is almost ending. And soon it'll be the Eid.

Mouth watering colourful kuih!

lina said...

I make it a habit to eat 3 kurma for sahur and break fast. Some kurma, I don't like the taste, I prefer the more fibrous and less sweet Tunisian kurma I get at the supermarket the most. :)

lina said...

I am the opposite of you. I am a Muslim surrounded by non-muslims friends and colleagues. They all are very considerate come Ramadhan, and avoid eating in front of me but sometimes it made me feel guilty because after all I'm the minority.

en_me said...

chantekk kueh lapis itteww bahh.. ahaks

cybernetic88 said...

ouh jrang ke pegi bazr. hee.i slalu jgk la. usya2 je bnyk. ahha.:P. btw raya nk dekt la. blk kmpng mne?. wink2 :D

azieazah said...

Kak Azie pun sangat jarang pergi Bazar Ramadhan, sebab kami memang memasak setiap hari. Even kuih pun cuba buat sendiri (yg senang dan cepat).

Masak sendiri lebih jimat dan bersih, kan?

Zezebel said...

Thanks from me to RE.

Zezebel said...

lina.
Its look delicious but the taste I am not sure aah.... hahahahaha....

Before this I bought the kurma with sugar on it. thats most probably why I don't like it.

happy to hear that your friends are very considerate and thinking about you when they eat.

Zezebel said...

en_me.
bukan saya buat owh. Hehehehe

Zezebel said...

cybernetic88.
Saya tiap hujung minggu balik Kota Marudu.

Zezebel said...

Kak Azie.
Betul tu, kita tahu macamna bersih atau kotor masakan kita. kalau beli, kita tak tahu apa yang dorang guna.

Elvyra = Elbo = Vera said...

try fasting juga tapi tidak berjaya. suka sangat makan. hehehe..

p/s: sedap la kuih muih dlm gambar tu.. :D

cemomoi said...

sama le, tak suka gi bazar.. makan apa aje apa yang ada... sebab posa bukan bulan untuk makan apa saja bila time berbuka. semoga ramadhan akan terus dapat meningkatkan kekuatan iman kita kepada al-Khaliq

Sir Marcello said...

masa lepak kl awal ramadhan aritue..hari2 cari makanan berbuka kat bazar...

but diz time..since I'm reach home...sekali jer pi bazar coz kebetulan lalu...

Dila.13 said...

Hey, zezebel. great to hear you're enjoying Ramadan. it's really filling to eat everything we see at the bazaar and that makes our puasa an unhealthy one :P

Girlie said...

i skip meals only, no fasting

lionteen said...

best x puase?
best x g bazar?
hehe

maiyah said...

thn ni mkn dah kurang sket.. buka air dan kurma pas tu gi solat

pas terawih baru mkn..

etomyam said...

kuih Rm1 for 3 ketul jugak at there..ingatkan di KL aje mahal huhu :D

Zezebel said...

Elvyra.
Pelan-pelan. lama-lama berjaya juga tu. Cuma jangan fikir pasal makanan sangat kalau berpuasa.

Zezebel said...

cemomoi.
Setuju sangat-sangat.

Zezebel said...

Sir Marcello.
Bazaar ramadhan di sabah tak best ke? Hehehehe....

Zezebel said...

Dila.
Every year I am waiting for Ramadhan. Hehehehe.... Its time to be slim for free.

Zezebel said...

Girlie.
Try change them with fruits next time.

Zezebel said...

lionteen.
puasa best. Gi bazaar kurang best. Hehehehe....

Zezebel said...

kak maiyah.
Saya pun lebih kurang sama. Dah slim down gila-gila ni. Hehehehe....

Zezebel said...

etomyam.
Ada yang harga 50 sen seketul ni kat sini.

Zikr the Jalanan Sepi Perantau said...

ramadhan hampir meninggalkan kita....sob2..

MommaLira said...

uhmnn those foods. I remember my Aunt's, an Islam married to my Uncle, cooking. The best!

Jamie said...

I have fasted, but not by choice. I had bad teeth that still hurt once they were fixed. One of my vices was soda pop. Today marks two months since I've had any soda. I wonder if that's why I lost so much weight recently?

Norizwan said...

sama la bel, jarang pegi bazar...kalau pegi nafsu makan membuak-buak, beli ini, beli itu...membazir tak habis makan pun huhu....

levian said...

oh, i saw many eating the dates.
so that is what it means.
i had never purposely fast before.
only when i didn't feel like eating. :p

Zezebel said...

Zikr.
Nanti tahun depan ada lagi tu.

Zezebel said...

MommaLira.
Sound like your uncle is a chef.

Zezebel said...

Norizwan.
Puasa bulan mengawal nafsu kan? Hehehehe...

Zezebel said...

levian.
You should try it next time. Its good for our body.

hafizmd said...

Alhamdulillah..puasa tahun ni cukup gembira..tinggal 3-4 hari jer lagi nk puasa..insyaAllah harap jumpe lagik Ramadhan tahun depan :D

Pernah berpuasa kat Sabah 2 tahun lepas..pengalaman yg menarik :D

Zezebel said...

hafizmd

blajar ke keja kat sabah time tu?

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...