Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dusun lotud wedding ceremony

I will remember yesterday date, 25 September 2010 for the rest of my life. Uhuk-uhuk.... I will remember the date because this is the first time in my life going to someone wedding without a proper dress. I am just wearing a jeans and T-shirt. My parents just inform me yesterday morning that we need to go to my cousin wedding. All my good dress are still in laundry after Hari Raya celebration. Normally, I will go to weddings in Baju kurung, at least. When I saw all my family properly dress, I just grab my red scarf. They then told me that the red scarf is not suitable for my blue T-Shirt. I run up to the house again and grab my pink scarf. I hate last minute journey call. Uhuk-uhuk....
The wedding ceremony is for my cousin Georgina, the daughter of Dr.George Anson Kunjan with her husband Dr. Frank Chai. This is the third weddings for them. The first one in Australia and the second one in Singapore. For this wedding, it held at my dad village in Kg. Sawah, Tuaran. We rarely go back to Tuaran, going there is the same as tracking my origins. Hehehehe.... I only knew my dad siblings, other then them, I don't know at all. We arrived at that place around 1 pm.
The wedding ceremony celebrated in a colourful Dusun Lotud theme. All the wedding receptionists are wearing Dusun Lotud dress. My sisters Ann and Bellnita got the chance to take pictures with one of the little girl that wearing a Dusun Lotud costume. There are also cultural dance during the ceremony. The dancers perform sumayau, bamboo dance (magalang magunatip) and daling-daling. The cultural dance maybe to promote Sabah culture to the groom (or Husband since they already married. Hehehehe) families who mostly from Singapore and Australia.
The not so good part is when they start serving local wine, "bahar" and "tumpung" together with canned stout and alcoholic drink. I cannot stand the smell. I don't want that kind of drink in my wedding, dangerous for people who come from far away like us. Hehehehe.....

Congratulations to Georgina and Dr. Frank Chai.

Chayo-chayo....

23 comments:

biltah bill said...

cis cis cis .... x dpt ikut ...huhu

anN said...

That lil girl is our niece la! haha

Zikr the Jalanan Sepi Perantau said...

the last part... 'tuak' ke tuh?? so big tempayan

Mama Murai said...

girl, i see plenty of dress inside there and i thought it maybe belong to difference races? am i rite? btw send my congrate to your beloved cousin

suri said...

salam sayang..
wah besarnya balang wine tu huhu.. isi didalamnya penuh ke? heeee

azieazah said...

Ya ya betul tu. Lepas minum jangan drive.

Apapun, selamat pengantin baru, moga berbahagia.

Zezebel said...

Nong....
Ok la tu, ndak rasa pengalaman ngeri time mo balik.

Zezebel said...

Ana....
I knew that.

Zezebel said...

Zikr.
Lebih kurang lar. Kecik lagi tu rasanya. Ada yang besar dari orang.

Zezebel said...

Mama Murai.
the first one for Sumayau, Dusun Lotud dance. Second with the bambu dance (magalang magunatip) is from Murut. The third dance daling-daling from Bajau ethnic.

Zezebel said...

suri.
Biasanya penuh. Kalau yang Islam tu, pandai-pandai la buang jangan bagi sakit hati keluarga sebab tak minum. Biasanya yang lelaki jak kena.

Zezebel said...

Kak Azie.
Bahaya tu minum and drive kan? Hehehehe

Faarihin said...

wah.. semua pakai baju tradisi tu except cik zezebel.. hehehe...

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

it would be nice to witness such kind of wedding. I don't get to attend those kinds. I normally go to "modern" weddings

lina said...

I love the traditional costumes!

Just got back from Japan Saturday. :)

Can you e-mail me your address, dearie? :)

levian said...

oh gosh, that reminds me that i had never attended
a wedding that needed us to drink tuak,
a type of local wine like yours.
heard that the taste isn't very welcoming. :p

gadisBunga said...

kalau nak drive baik minum kopi kan? hihi

Zezebel said...

Faarihin.
Sedihnya.... Uhuk2.

Zezebel said...

Girlie.
Me to. I don't know anything about the wedding, just knew that it is a traditional wedding when I arrived.

Zezebel said...

lina.
I love traditional dress too.

Already back from Japan? You must be busy unpacking now. Hehehehehe....

Already email you my address.

Zezebel said...

levian.
I think Sarawak also have the same culture like Sabah kan? But girl can run away from this. the guy who cannot run away. Hehehehe....

Zezebel said...

Fidde....
Tak tau plak. Lepas minum tuak/bahar ke?

Anonymous said...

hi sis...bole kongsi ka mgnai pakaian dan perhiasan suku kaum dusun lotud ni...ada perbezaan pakaian lama dgn yg bru..

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...