Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nyum-nyum: jeruk bambangan

Do you know Bambangan might have cancer fighting benefits? Yesterday I asked everyone if they saw any of the fruits in a sets of picture. Most of you haven't seen the fruits in picture number one. Its a Bambangan, a mango like fruits but the skin is hard and brown colour. Thanks to Girlie, She give me a link of a recent medical studies about extracts of the Bambangan kernel might have breast cancer fighting properties. The kernel of this fruit has been shown to be rich in antioxidants like Gallic acid and rutin.


Hmmm... That article by Medpedia really make me glad that I love to eat Jeruk Bambangan (Bambangan Pickle) so much. Not everyone can make the Jeruk Bambangan since the process is a little bit hard to do. You need to make sure you don't make a mistake on making it or the taste of the Jeruk Bambangan will be terrible. My dad can make the best Jeruk Bambangan in the world. Will try to persuade him later to show all of you his own recipes of this Sabah Food.


There are many recipes for Jeruk Bambangan but the best one is looking for Jeruk Bambangan with grated Bambangan seed. The grated Bambangan seed will make it last longer and taste even better. I normally eat them with fried fish and rice. I remember last year, I gain 2 kilo of weight because I eat too much of Jeruk Bambangan and rice. When my father make his Jeruk Bambangan, I will not stop add my rice portion when I eat. Its like eating none stop until you feel full. Nyum.., Nyum....


Don't forget to read this article by Medpedia given by Girlie. Thanks again Girlie.

Have you eat Jeruk Bambangan before?





12 comments:

amirah said...

never heard of this fruit..looks yummy zezebel.. : P

levian said...

i am not a big fan of pickled fruits,
but i don't mind trying new ones every now n then! :)

lina said...

Never tried bambangan fruit before but looking at your photos, I wanna some! :)

I love all kinds of jeruk, BTW. ;)

Sumandak Kinabalu said...

My favorite!
Whoaaa Bel, my mum too can make the best Jeruk Bambangan in the world..
You can buy it on the market but Mum's is simply the best ^ ^

kak ina kl said...

first time tenguk dan kehairanan..
macam buah binjai pun ada jugak kan.

bongkersz said...

Eh I love this fruit!! When I was a kid I used to go and collect the fruits... Careful with the 'getah' though... :)

Zezebel said...

Amirah: yup,indeed. Taste great when u put some chili b4 u eat...ehehe :D

Zezebel said...

Levian: You should try this jeruk bambangan when u have the chance to come here... ;)

Zezebel said...

Lina: I don't like jeruk but I just can't say 'NO' to bambangan..hehe

Zezebel said...

Jane : ya. I agree with u. Dad's is simply the best. Now i just buy if i really want to eat jeruk bambangan.. not so yummy :(

Zezebel said...

Kak Ina: Ya. Lebih kurang macam binjai la. Buah ni jarang di makan begitu saja sebab masam sangat. Dia dalam kategori buah bermusim.

Zezebel said...

Bongkersz : Really? i just know the fruit, never know the tree hehe...

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...