Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Ramadhan 1431 Hijrah

Happy Ramadhan 1431 Hijrah to all muslim everywhere in this world. Ramadhan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is the Islamic month of fasting, in which participating Muslims refrain from eating, drinking and sexual activities from dawn until sunset. To everyone who has been asking all this while, I am a Dusun girl and just convert to Islam last year. Zezebel is my old Christian name. My new name is Ain Shuhada. You can called me Zezebel or belle though, don't worry. I won't bite. Hahahahaha....



To all my blogger friends and readers that participating in my wordless wednesday, the answer is its raining almost everyday in Kota Marudu. Look like none of you stay at my place. Hahahahaha.... Last year, my first Ramadhan as a muslim, the weather always hot. Its a bit harder for fasting because its make me sweat a lot. I need to make sure I drink enough water at night. This year, look like it will be a little bit different.



This morning, I eat fish for Sahur. With my bananas, of course. Hehehehe....



Yesterday, I only eat porridge for break fast. Here at my working place, there is no bazaar Ramadhan. Its either I cook it myself or buy it from my friends who live near by. I love to cook it myself though because I know what I put inside the cooking. I am not working in the afternoon, thats mean I have plenty of time for cooking. this morning is just rice porridge with fried egg and bilis. No banana though.

To all my non muslim friends, any of you tried fasting before?

To all the muslim friends, what is for your sahur today?

Chayo-chayo....





35 comments:

Sumandak Kinabalu said...

Selamat berpuasa Ms. Sunshine..
I am not Muslim, but I already tried fasting for 5 years..because in my office, I am the only one a non-muslim. They said, hey Jane its ok if you want to eat. But I said NO, i want to experience how its feel to be hungry and thirsty...
I learn a lot from it, like don't waste your food and how to control yourself..
Yes, it is not easy and quite challenging...my secret, keep yourself busy or focus on something...

Jen said...

It is interesting to know that. I am not a Muslim but we as an Adventist share some of the practices that you have, like keeping the Sabbath and fasting.

HumorBendol said...

Bendol sih semalam Sahur pakek Nasi Rawon.
Enak bu...
Met Puasa...

Blinkky said...

Happy Ramadhan to you. You'll feel the joy of fasting =)

lina said...

Selamat berpuasa.

Is this your first year or second year puasa?

donnyien said...

Sabar jelah Bel..kota marudu memang terkenal ngan banjir sejak dulu :(...
aik,mcm sy kenal ja tu ikan sy kah terlepas semalam lol...

etomyam said...

wah, porridge + serunding daging memang menjadik tu belle :D

Girlie said...

haven't tried fasting.

so what do you have breakfast?

suri said...

uh..sungguh sedap sekali..heheee selamat bersahur..selamat berpuasa sahabatku :)

aktechpage.com said...

Salam Ramadhan for ur to. Hope u can fasting better than last year.. I knew u can do it...
Are u sahur and berbuka lonely??

Wan Perlis said...

camat berpoce

Jamie said...

Mostly, non-Muslims only fast for 8-12 hours and that is just a requirement for blood fasting; the time needed to cleanse the blood before it is drawn for certain tests. Jews fast, but not if it will harm them. Non-religious, non-American based fasting is somewhat considered harmful in the US, and it something can be mis-diagnosed as anorexia.

I once went about 5 days without eating once. Just to see how long I could do it.

Dhemz said...

happy ramadan Z...great to be here....can I have a piece of banana? ehhehee!

Zikr the Jalanan Sepi Perantau said...

selamat berpuasa... :-) nyum2..

Wilmaryad said...

Happy Ramadan to you, sister. :-)

Zezebel said...

Selamat berpuasa tu you to Umandak.
Jane.., I think it will be normal for us in Sabah to fast even though we were not Muslim. I has been fasting for 11 years now. Its one way to help me keep slim. Ehehehehe....

Zezebel said...

Thank you for sharing that Jen.

Zezebel said...

Selamat berpuasa HumorBendol.
Nasi Rawon tu bagaimana ya?

Zezebel said...

Thanks Blinkky.
I am always waiting for Ramadhan. Ehehehehe....

Zezebel said...

lina.
This is my 11 years fasting. My 2nd years fasting as a Muslim.

Zezebel said...

Donny.
Ikan talapia bha ni, sya mintak kawan saya dia baru tangkap. Ko mesti teda makan ni kan sana?

Zezebel said...

etomyam.
tu lar.., mengoda betul ko punya serunding tu. Ehehehehe....

Zezebel said...

Hi Girlie.
Try it. Its not easy at first but it worth it.

I ate that porridge for break fast.

Zezebel said...

Terima kasih suri.
Selamat berpuasa kepada suri juga.

Zezebel said...

Thanks aktechpage.
Yes, I am alone for week days. Only on weekends I can have my berbuka puasa with my family in Kota Marudu.

Zezebel said...

Terima kasih wan perlis.

Zezebel said...

Wow Jamie.
Anorexia is dangerous.You need to eat something to be healthy.

Zezebel said...

Hahahahaha Dhemz.., the banana are all mine. Hehehehe....

Zezebel said...

Terima kasih Zikr....

Zezebel said...

Thank you wilmaryard.

Kulanz Salleh said...

Salam Ramadhan dan selamat berpuasa..
kamipun kalau sahur makan ala kadar saja.. yang penting ada alas perut dan dapat sunat bersahur

Zezebel said...

Terima kasih Kulanz.
Selamat berpuasa juga.

mancai said...

salam singgah dan salam kenal,selamat berpuasa dan happy ramadhan...

Zezebel said...

Mancai, terima kasih.
salam perkenalan juga.

naza said...

kenapa susa sgt nak contact u?

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...