Friday, July 30, 2010

Samosa and Papadum

I am not talking about how to make Samosa and Papadum today but a friend ask me what are Samosa and Papadum. I myself don't know because I live in Sabah and we don't have any such food. I even asked some of my Peninsular Malaysia friends and everyone giving different opinion about the food. some people says Samosa look like a popiah with a curry puff taste. A Papadum is snack that people used to eat with rice in nasi kandar shop? I cannot even imagine what this foods look like. I checked Wikipedia and here what I found.

A samosa is a stuffed pastry and a popular snack in South Asia, Southeast Asia, Central Asia, the Arabian Peninsula, throughout the Mediterranean (Greece), Southwest Asia, the Horn of Africa and North Africa. It generally consists of a fried or baked triangular, semi-lunar or tetrahedral pastry shell with a savory filling, which may include spiced potatoes, onions, peas, coriander, and lentils, or ground beef or chicken. The size and shape of a samosa as well as the consistency of the pastry used can vary considerably, although it is mostly triangular. Samosas are often served with tamarind chutney or curd.


Papadum, also known as papad in North India, is a thin, crispy Indian preparation sometimes described as a cracker or flatbread. It is typically served as an accompaniment to a meal in India. It is also eaten as an appetizer or a snack and can be eaten with various toppings such as chopped onions, chutney or other dips and condiments. In certain parts of India, raw papadums (dried but unroasted) are used in curries and vegetable preparations. Papadums are made in different sizes. Smaller ones can be eaten like a snack chip and the larger ones can be used to make wraps.


Are this information correct for Malaysia own Samosa and Papadum? Anyone care to help me on this? A friend in my school need its recipe for hostel food. Someone.., help me.

Source: Wikipedia.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't spam my comment with your blog link. TQ.

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...